Smartphones are increasingly popular of late, with users ranging from business people to teenagers alike. The HTC Touch phones run on Windows 6.0 or higher, making them a miniature computer. Despite the many advantages inherent in this type of technology, if you do not protect your phone and your information, a lot can be lost. If the necessary precautions are taken when the phone is first purchased, the chances of losing such important information decrease greatly.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Tap the "Microsoft MyPhone" logo on the "Start" menu of your HTC Touch. If your phone is not preloaded with the application, tap "Marketplace" and type in "myphone." Download the application. Then tap the "MyPhone" logo on the "Start" menu.
Sign in with your Windows Live ID to finish the installation process.
Tap "Menu," then "Sync Options." Tick the "Current Location" box, along with any other information you would like synchronised to the web. Tap "Done."
Press "Menu" again and then "Sync Schedule." Set the frequency to daily and tap "Done."
Tap "Sync" to back up your phone's content.
Type "myphone.microsoft.com" into a computer web browser.
Click "Sign In" and enter your password.
Click "Continue" and then "Find Your Lost Phone."
Next to the connected phone that is missing, click "Find Your Lost Phone" again.
Click "See Map" to find where your phone was during its last synchronisation.
Tips and warnings
- Microsoft MyPhone is a free service, but a premium service is offered. This service allows the user to find the location of the phone at the time they sign in to the MyPhone service. It also allows the phone to be locked for seven days while it is being located, preventing anyone else from using it.
- Microsoft MyPhone is a great service that enables a cell phone owner to back up the phone's content and restore it to a new phone should the old phone not be found, or if a new phone is purchased, but if the service is not activated and syncing does not begin soon after the phone is purchased, it is not helpful since there would be no data to go off of to find the missing phone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for