Adobe Systems uses a process called activation to validate the legitimacy of the Adobe software installed on your computer, including Adobe Dreamweaver Creative Suite 4 (CS4). This process associates your serial number and software license with the hardware configuration on which you're running the software. Activation is designed to reduce software piracy by prohibiting users from sharing an application installer with others. A single-user license allows you to install Dreamweaver CS4 on two computers, though you cannot run both installations at the same time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Insert the Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 installer disc and begin the installation process. Enter your serial number when you are prompted to do so.
Read the Software License Agreement and click the "Accept" button to continue the installation.
Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation. Activation is automatic and mandatory at the end of the process. Dreamweaver CS4 contacts Adobe via the Internet to transmit information, none of which is personal.
Deactivate Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 from another computer if activation fails because your software is already installed and activated on two systems. Launch the installation of Dreamweaver you want to deactivate and choose "Deactivate" from the "Help" Menu. Try again to activate your new installation.
Register your software when you finish installing and activating it to receive free installation support from Adobe Systems. Adobe Systems also provides registered users with update notifications and other services.
Tips and warnings
- Registration of Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 is optional and can be completed at any time by choosing "Registration" from the "Help" Menu while Dreamweaver is running.
- Contact your system administrator or IT department if your software can't activate because your system is behind a firewall.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for