Robert Gaskins invented PowerPoint in 1984. It first attracted venture capital from Apple and then later Microsoft made an acquisition. PowerPoint can be used to teach a class or help present a meeting. A PowerPoint presentation can be a visual aid for a generally boring meeting. A Microsoft Word document can be used to create a presentation.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Microsoft Word Software
- PowerPoint Software
Open the Microsoft Word program from the start menu located at the bottom left of the screen. It may also already be on your desktop.
Select your saved document file.
Open the file.
Select the text you want to copy by clicking the left side of the mouse and dragging across the text and highlighting it.
Select "Copy" from the edit menu at the top of the left side of the window, or for a shortcut press the control key and the "C" key.
Open your saved PowerPoint document. Now both programs should be open.
Find the particular slide in which you want to paste the text.
Place the cursor in the text box in the PowerPoint document.
Go to edit and select "Paste" or press the control key and the "V" key
Now that the task is completed make sure to save the file.
Tips and warnings
- Check out the PowerPoint tutorial.
- You can change the size and colour for an enhanced look.
- You can print your presentation for handouts.
- You can use animation in PowerPoint for your presentation.
- Add the effect of a fading page.
- Add sound effects when changing slides.
- Insert pictures to improve your message.
- Insert a subliminal message. This can be pretty hysterical in the right conditions. Create a text object then select the text object. Now click on the animation effects button, which is the yellow star, located on the tool bar. Then click on the "flash once" button. Check out your slide show and see the message quickly flash and then vanish.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for