High-definition televisions, such as those made by Sony, provide viewers with excellent picture quality and a variety of options to customise their viewing experience. However, with these improvements comes a higher level of technology that can be intimidating to the average user. In the event that a problem arises with your LCD television and the default menu and basic troubleshooting options are not sufficient, a less accessible "Service Menu" exists. While this menu is meant to be used by television-repair specialists, it can be accessed by anyone.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Sony LCD HDTV remote control
Turn off your Sony LCD HDTV by pressing the "Power" button at the top of your remote control.
Press the "Display" button, then the "5" button, then the "Volume +" button, then the "Power" button. All four button presses must be done within a three-second time frame.
Press the "Jump" button until the "Panel" service menu appears.
Use the "1" and "4" buttons to navigate the menu, the "2" and "5" buttons to navigate the categories and the "3" and "6" buttons to make adjustments.
Tips and warnings
- Press the "Power" button to exit the "Service Menu."
- Be cautious when performing any sort of change through the "Service Menu." It is possible to cause significant, irreversible damage to your television if the wrong choice is made.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for