Popularised by boxers and wrestlers trying to drop quick pounds before a pre-match weigh-in, the sauna suit is a full-body jumpsuit or two-piece sweatsuit with closures or elastics at all the openings. It is made out of a waterproof material in order to keep the heat in you work out while wearing it. The result is that you sweat more profusely than normal, dropping extra pounds of water weight instantly and visibly.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Sauna suit
Drink lots of water. Though most of the weight you will lose with a sauna suit will be water weight, it is important to stay hydrated throughout your workout.
Cover your skin with Albolene, a mineral oil-based make-up remover that causes the pores to open so you sweat more.
Put on the sauna suit.
Sit in the sauna in 15-minute intervals. Be careful not to eat or drink anything during this process.
Alternatively, the weight can be lost by running (either outside or on a treadmill) in the sauna suit.
Tips and warnings
- Other exercises that can be performed in sauna suits for maximum sweat production are skipping rope, jumping jacks and elliptical machine workouts.
- It is important not to drink any water while losing weight with a sauna suit, as the weight you are losing is water weight. However, if you are really suffering, you can crunch on ice cubes and spit them out. If you feel faint or dizzy, stop the sauna suit process immediately and drink water. If all precautions are not taken, sauna suits can be very dangerous.
- Losing 4.54kg. of water weight can be dangerous if you don't rehydrate yourself at the first possible opportunity.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for