Merrell is a brand of outdoor, athletic and hiking footwear that has been in existence since 1984. Based out of Vermont, the quality footwear is designed for rugged terrain and repeated use. Cleaning and care for Merrell shoes is important to help extend the look and life of the shoes. Taking precautions and following simple instructions can help you keep your shoes looking and feeling like new.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Toothbrush or small brush
- Vinegar or mild soap
- Paper towels or clean cloth
Take your shoes outside and brush off all loose and dry dirt and debris. Flip the shoe over and use a small brush or toothbrush to remove the dry dirt from the soles and treads of the shoes. Continue brushing off the dry particles until no more can be removed.
Bring the shoes to an area located near a sink or tub. Fill a container with two parts water and one part vinegar or mild detergent. Mix the solution and use a cotton swab or cotton ball to dab a small amount of the mixture on an inconspicuous area of the shoe to ensure that the area will not fade or become discoloured. If you are cleaning leather boots, stop and move to step 4.
Use a paper towel or other cloth and apply the cleaning solution to the dirty areas of the shoes after you have determined that the solution will not harm the shoes. Rub the cloth or towel lightly in circles all around the shoe until all dirt and debris have been removed.
Wet a paper towel or other clean cloth in plain water and wring until just damp. Go back over all areas of the shoe that had been cleaned, or all areas for a first pass for leather shoes, to remove remaining dirt, dust or cleaning solution residue.
Place the shoes on a clean cloth or towel and allow to air dry. Do not wear the shoes until they are completely dry.
Tips and warnings
- Always test a section of your shoes before cleaning to make sure that the fabric and material can withstand the cleaning solution used.
- Do not over apply cleaning solutions or allow large parts of shoes to remain wet to prevent water stains.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for