The Sony DVD Home Theatre System DAV-HDX475 player offers users many disc playback features including Parental Control disc lock protection. A user can lock playback of a disc based on a disc rating set for specific age groups or can restrict disc playback to discs from certain geographic regions. The disc lock is a password-protected feature. When prompted, you must enter the four-digit password that you originally selected when you set up the protection in order to unlock the player and begin disc playback.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Insert a disc into your Sony DAV-HDX475 player.
Push the "Play" button on your remote control.
Input your four-digit password when the Parental Control password screen appears. Push the round "Menu Item Select" button located between the arrow buttons. If you entered the correct password, the disc should begin playing.
Tips and warnings
- If you want to turn off all of the Parental Control lock settings completely, switch the "LEVEL:" to "OFF" in the "PARENTAL CONTROL" menu where you originally set up your password, and push the "Menu Item Select" button to save the change.
- If you're trying to unlock the Sony DAV-HDX475 player to play discs produced for other regions---the disc region and not the Parental Control geographic region limitation---stop trying. The DAV-HDX475 isn't a multi-region code player. It will not play discs that have a different region code than the one programmed.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for