There is not a built-in solution to record calls on an iPhone, but there is an app available for under a dollar in the iPhone App Store that will allow you to do this very easily. Though it may be illegal in your state to record someone else's speaking voice over the phone without consent, this can be a convenient way to store memorable discussions and save conversations with loved ones for all time. Once you have the conversation recorded, you will be able to share it with others or reflect back on what you've said.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- iPhone running at least version 3.0 of the operating system
- Recorder app
Touch the "App Store" shortcut on your iPhone screen.
Touch the "Search" icon.
Type "Recorder" in the query field.
Touch the Recorder app entry in the results that are displayed.
Touch "$0.99" and then "Buy."
Type your iTunes account details and press "OK."
Touch the Recorder icon on your iPhone's home screen.
Touch "Call recording" and then either "1 hour of record time" or "8 hours of record time."
Touch the "Call" button and choose a phone number from your phone's directory.
Tips and warnings
- Before recording any calls, make sure you are certain of the legality of phone conversation recording in your state. Some states require that you obtain verbal permission from all parties involved in the conversation. Do not record phone calls illegally.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for