Sometimes you want to practice your foul shots, but don't feel like getting into a game at the gym. For these types of situations, it's nice to have your own basketball hoop attached to the garage wall in your driveway. Place it high enough to allow you to dribble, but low enough for a layup. By buying a pre-drilled basketball backboard, you can quickly install your hoop and begin practicing your 3-pointers or playing one-on-one with a friend.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pre-drilled basketball hoop and backboard
- Electric screwdriver
Gather the ladder and an electric screwdriver with parts in one spot. Count the screws and the nuts to make sure you have enough for each hole. Make sure you're not putting the backboard and hoop near windows--you don't want to break one with an errant shot.
Attach the hoop to the backboard by inserting the screws into the pre-drilled holes in the front of the backboard. Secure the screws by tightening the nut from the back.
Climb the ladder and place the backboard on the wall. Insert the screws into the pre-drilled holes on the backboard and tighten them with the screwdriver.
Hook the net, one loop at a time, in the metal hooks on the bottom of the hoop's rim.
Tips and warnings
- Have a friend holding the ladder when you climb.
- Read directions for variations in instruction.
- Purchase a pre-drilled backboard.
- Don't place the backboard too low. If you do, the game may not be challenging enough--and you may hit your head.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for