You can clean debris and mineral deposits from a Bionaire humidifier using a common household cleaner. Over time the filter inside a Bionaire humidifier builds up lime and other mineral scale from the water that passes through. These deposits clog the filter pores and slow the filtration process. Get a Bionaire working as well as the first day it was plugged in by cleaning out the filter in less than half an hour.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Owner's manual
- Shallow tub
- 2 cups distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups distilled water
Review the owner's manual to locate the position of the Bionaire humidifier filter. Filters vary in size and structure, but all are easily removable. Some humidifier units have a label on the compartment where the filter is held.
Power off the Bionaire humidifier and unplug it from the power source or remove the batteries.
Lower the filter into a shallow tub that contains a 50-50 solution of vinegar and water until it is completely submersed.
Flip the filter over in the shallow tub and swish it around after it has soaked for 10 minutes.
Remove the filter from the tub and rinse it thoroughly under cool running water.
Dry the cleaned Bionaire humidifier filter in a warm location with good airflow overnight before returning it to the unit.
Plug the Bionaire humidifier back into the power source or replace the batteries and turn it on.
Tips and warnings
- Clean the filter every 60 days or anytime there is a noticeable decrease in the performance level of a Bionaire humidifier.
- Some humidifier filters fall apart after their third or fourth cleaning and may require full replacement.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for