If you have a TracFone that has expired, it is not useless. You can reactivate your phone with TracFone service and get back to making and receiving calls before you know it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- TracFone serial number (the 11-, 15- or 18-digit number, also called ESN or IMEI, found in your phone's Prepaid menu)
- TracFone phone number
Visit the TracFone website and click on the "Activate Phone, Add or Buy Airtime" option.
Click on "Activate/Reactivate Phone."
Select the "Activate my TracFone with a new number, or Reactivate my TracFone" option.
Select your phone from the list of available models to reactivate and click "Submit."
Log in to your existing account, or if you do not have one, take a few moments to create one.
Wait for a message on your phone indicating that activation has been successful. This could take up to one hour to appear.
Tips and warnings
- If you prefer to have a live person walk you through the process, or if you have questions specific to your phone and situation, you can also reactivate with a live agent by calling 800-867-7183 for customer service.
- You will still need to buy airtime for your phone before it is usable. Reactivation merely registers it for use on the network.
- Depending on how long your phone has been inactive, you may or may not be able to reactivate it with the same phone number you had. The general rule is that after 30 days of being inactive, the number returns to a pool of numbers that can be claimed by new customers. However, sometimes the number is still available. If it is not, you will receive a new number.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for