For Romanian citizens, renewing a Romanian passport means submitting a passport renewal application, two current passport-approved photos as well as a number of authenticating documents and a passport renewal processing fee to the nearest passport processing centre. In the UK, Romanian citizens will need to send these documents to the Romanian Embassy in London.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Proof of citizenship
- 2 Passport photographs
- Self-addressed stamped envelope
- Most recent Romanian passport
Visit a centre authorised to take passport photos, and have four head shot-style colour photos taken against a plain, light background. The photos must be of your face, and your face cannot be obstructed by a hat, your hair or glasses. Your face should have a neutral expression. The UK Romanian Embassy requires four pictures, and it is recommended that you write your name on the back of the photos with a pencil.
Contact the nearest Romanian Embassy (see Resources) and have them fax or email you a passport renewal application form.
Send your completed passport renewal application, proof of residency (your Romanian identification card), two passport-sized photographs, your most recent Romanian passport and your birth certificate to the nearest embassy. You will also need to enclose your passport renewal processing fee as a cheque.
Tips and warnings
- Minors will also need to get permission from their parents to apply for a Romanian passport renewal.
- If you are married, you will need to visit the Romanian embassy or consulate nearest to you to have your marriage registered and recorded in Romania.
- The Romanian government now also issues electronic passports.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for