The Chevrolet Aveo is a subcompact car that was first produced in 2004 and is still manufactured as of 2010. This was Chevrolet’s first small car offering since phasing out the Metro in 2001. The Aveo comes standard with a 1.6-litre, four-cylinder engine and a five-speed manual transmission. The large tail light assemblies on the Aveo house the combination stopping and parking lights, turn signal and back up lights.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Replacement tail light assembly or bulb
Open the boot lid on sedan models or the rear hatch cargo door on hatchback models. Back out the two retaining screws from the edge of the tail light assembly nearest the door jamb with a Phillips head screwdriver in a counterclockwise direction. Set the screws aside.
Pull the tail light assembly straight out from the rear of the car. Be careful not to stretch or damage the bulb wiring still connected to the backside of the assembly.
Rotate each of the bulb sockets on the rear of the tail light assembly in a counterclockwise direction. Pull the sockets straight out of the tail light. Discard the old tail light or set it aside.
Push each bulb socket into its respective hole on the backside of the replacement tail light assembly and turn them in a clockwise direction until locked into place.
Press the tail light assembly back into its fender cavity until fully seated. Replace the two retaining screws and tighten them with the Phillips head screwdriver. Close the boot or hatch lid.
Tips and warnings
- If you need to replace a burnt out bulb in your Aveo’s tail light, first remove the tail light from the rear of the car by following the above steps. Remove only the socket that contains the bulb needing replacement. Remove the bulb from the socket by pushing down on the top of the bulb slightly and turning it counterclockwise. Pull the bulb straight out of the socket and discard it. Push a new bulb into the socket. Press the bulb down slightly and turn it in a clockwise direction until it locks into place. Replace the socket and tail light assembly by following the above steps.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for