Waxing your eyebrows sometimes can lead to painful and unsightly burns on your skin. Even though these types of burns usually aren't serious, they can be annoying eyesores for a while, until they heal. Luckily you can conceal most wax burns in the eyebrow area by using a few simple products and techniques.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Eye shadow
- Make-up sponges and applicators
Apply an aloe vera gel or lotion to the area three to four times a day until the area has healed. This healing aid comes from the aloe vera plant and has been used to treat minor burns and other non-serious wounds, according to the Mayo Clinic . Helping the area to heal will make the visible burn less conspicuous as time passes.
Apply a thin layer of liquid foundation make-up to the area. You might want to use a type of foundation that is formulated for sensitive skin in order to reduce the likelihood of irritation. Dab the foundation on gently with a soft make-up sponge.
Apply neutral eye shadow colours and a soft eyeliner and mascara colour rather than jet black. Using neutral colours on the eyes will draw less attention to the area.
Apply a bolder lipstick colour and use a tone of blush that is appropriate for your skin tone. Enhancing other areas of the face, such as the lips, will draw attention away from the eyes.
Tips and warnings
- If you feel any irritation after applying a product to the burnt area, wash the product off immediately with cool water. If the area doesn't seem to be healing after a few days or the burn is obviously severe from the beginning, see a physician.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for