Acer laptops run on the Windows operating system. Like most computers that run on Windows, they come with a recovery CD that will reformat the laptop to its original settings. Use this recovery CD when viruses, spyware or malware have embedded themselves so deep into the system that antivirus programs cannot remove them. Once you complete the reformatting process, the laptop will reset to its factory settings, wiping out all the viruses that were harming your system.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Recovery CD
Open the Acer's CD drive, and slide the recovery CD into it.
Press the "Esc" key on your keyboard once the disc loads up.
Click "C:/" when prompted to select the primary hard drive.
Click "Next" to start the process. A screen will appear telling you that the formatting process is in effect. The screen may flicker a few times, which is normal. This process may take up to an hour to complete.
Tips and warnings
- Back up all of your data to a storage device before you reformat the laptop, as this type of process can erase data.
- You will need to reinstall all of your programs after the reformatting process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for