Toshiba televisions come with the ability to enter the equipment's service menu, so that changes and configurations can be made on the set. If you are not certain as to what you are doing inside of a television's service menu, you should not attempt these steps. Entering the service menu and making changes can severely damage your equipment, rendering it useless indefinitely. However, if you are an experienced television repair technician, you can use these steps to access the Toshiba service menu.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Toshiba television remote
Power on the Toshiba television. You can either push the power button on the remote control, or the power button on the remote itself.
Press the "Mute" button on the remote control three times.
Press "Mute" once again and hold, then press the "Menu" button on the television's front panel.
Release both of the buttons together at the same time. You will see a "S' come up on the television screen.
Press the "Menu" button once more on the front panel of the television set. You will now be in the "Service Mode" of the Toshiba television.
Tips and warnings
- Unless you are an experienced television repair technician, do not follow these steps to gain access to the Toshiba service menu. Doing so can result in damaging your television set.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for