The ASUS Eee PC 900 is an ultra-mobile PC that has an 8.9-inch display and weighs less than five pounds. When announced in April 2008, a standout feature was the solid-state disk drive that the netbook uses for faster performance and improved data stability. The netbook is aimed at browsing the Internet on the go as it features wireless connectivity functions and a 1.3 megapixel webcam to allow Web conferencing. Before using the webcam, you must turn it on using the ASUS Eee PC Tray Utility, which ASUS has built into every 900 model.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click the arrow button on the left side of the notification area to reveal all of the icons. You can find the notification area on the Windows task bar near the clock.
Locate and right-click on the ASUS Eee PC Tray Utility icon on the expanded notification area to see a menu showing the different resolution choices and other options. The icon looks like a small rectangular screen with a diagonal line dividing it.
Click the "Disable Camera" item if it is checked. This turn will turn on the webcam so you can use it in supported applications.
Tips and warnings
- If you are having trouble in finding the ASUS EeePC Tray Utility, place your mouse cursor over an icon and wait for the "tooltip" to appear. This will reveal the name of the icon.
- Disabling the camera when you are not using it minimises power consumption, which is important if you are on battery power.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for