Grey hair can be just as sophisticated and beautiful in appearance as any other hair colour. However, as with any other hair colour, grey hair must be taken care of correctly in order to enhance its individual qualities. Covering up grey hair with dark dyes is unnecessary; simply use grey-hair-specific products to enhance the natural beauty of your grey hair. With proper care, you can maintain healthy, vibrant grey hair and age gracefully.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Grey-hair-formulated shampoo
- Grey-hair-formulated conditioner
- Purifying shampoo
Ask your hairdresser to add in lowlights to the bottom layers of your grey hair. While the first instinct of many people is to add highlights, lowlights will create depth in the colour and enhance its natural beauty.
Wash your hair with shampoo formulated specifically for grey hair. This shampoo enhances the natural colour and protects it from yellowing.
Condition your grey hair with conditioner formulated just for grey hair. This conditioner not only protects it from yellowing but combats dryness as well.
Use a purifying shampoo once a month to remove any build-up on your hair. The trick to enhancing grey hair is to keep its natural tone and not allow it to be altered by yellow and brown build-up caused by polluted air.
Keep your hair trimmed. Trimming hair prevents breakage and helps it grow in healthier, enhancing its beauty.
Tips and warnings
- If your hair is greying and you’d like to go purely grey, ask your hairdresser to dye it a multidimensional salt-and-pepper colour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for