When you celebrate the graduation of a master's degree recipient, you are celebrating his perseverance to obtain an advanced degree. However, all friends and family will not be able to attend the graduation ceremony. Graduation invitations and tickets are hot commodities because of space constraints. As a result, not everyone who may want an invitation will be able to receive one. This does not mean that those without invitations are left with nothing. Graduation announcements act as keepsakes for the graduation ceremony, and they can also serve as invitations to post-ceremony activities.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Select whether to write the announcement on behalf of the graduate's parents or the graduate's university. Sample wording on behalf of the parents may read "Mr. and Mrs. James E. Jones are proud to announce the graduation of (graduate's name)" while wording on behalf of the university may read "The president, faculty, and graduating class of Anywhere College announce the graduation of (graduate's name)."
Emphasise that the graduate is receiving a master's degree and in what field.
Identify any academic distinctions the graduate will receive, such as graduating with honours. Avoid using abbreviations that your announcement recipient may not understand.
State the location of a graduation party or post-graduation activities, and extend an invitation to this event. Place emphasis on the desire to celebrate the graduate's hard work in her master's program.
Tips and warnings
- Include the graduate's cumulative GPA, upcoming academic or professional plans or focus of her graduate work if you would like to be more detailed.
- Master's degree graduation announcement may also be worded in first-person if you are sending out the announcements yourself.
- Announcements typically contain more information than invitations.
- Avoid sending announcements and invitations that look similar. This may cause a recipient to mistake the announcement as an invitation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for