Younger children may not always be responsible with their gum. The gum may fall out of their mouths and land on your leather furniture. They may get caught up in their games and forget to remove the gum and throw it away. If the gum is left on the leather furniture for more than a few minutes, it will get stuck. Removing the gum will take a little time, but you can get it out.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Dish soap
Use your fingers to remove as much of the gum as you can. You may only be able to remove a little bit.
Lay a strip of tape across the remaining piece of gum. Pull up and some of the gum will come up with it. Continue doing this until you get up as much of the gum as you can.
Hold a piece of ice over the gum until the gum becomes hard. Then use a spoon to pry the hard gum off of the leather. A bit of residue may remain.
Mix a drop of dish soap with some warm water and wipe away the gum residue.
Tips and warnings
- After you have successfully removed the gum, condition the area with a leather conditioner.
- Do not use a razor blade to remove the gum. You may cut a hole in the leather. It is best to stick with a spoon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for