Walking shoes easily get dirty, especially when they are used in bad weather. Spot cleaning and hand washing walking shoes only clean them to a certain extent. Washing walking shoes in the washing machine may get them clean and looking new.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Walking shoes
- Washing machine
- Mild detergent
Remove the laces from the shoes. Place the shoes and laces into a pillowcase and tie the pillowcase closed.
Set the washing machine temperature to cold. Start the delicate wash cycle and add mild detergent to the water.
Place a bath towel and the pillowcase into the washing machine.
Allow the washing machine to run through the cycles. Remove the shoes from the pillowcase and place them on a counter, shelf or table.
Stuff the shoes with newspaper so they keep their shape while air drying.
Tips and warnings
- Do not wash the shoes without a towel and pillowcase as this can cause damage to the shoes and the washing machine.
- Do not wash leather shoes in the washing machine.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for