Bouquets are time-honoured gifts that are almost always received warmly. Candy bouquets give these gifts a new twist. Give someone who has a sweet tooth a bouquet of candy instead of a bouquet of flowers. You can use the recipient's favourite candies. Candy bouquets are simple and inexpensive to make, colourful and will be put to practical use. They make excellent gifts for any occasion.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Floral foam
- 2 sheets coloured cellophane
- 24 pieces 16-gauge stem wire
- Wire cutters
- Floral tape
Locate a container that is appropriate for the candy bouquet. You can use a vase, flowerpot, Chinese takeout box or a small basket, among other things.
Cut a piece of floral foam to fit in the container. Line the container with two festive sheets of cellophane, and place the floral foam in the bottom of the container.
Cut 24 pieces of 16-gauge stem wire in lengths ranging from 8 to 12 inches with wire cutters. You'll be placing the shorter pieces toward the front of the bouquet and the longer pieces toward the back.
Attach smaller candies to the stem wire with floral tape. This technique works well with hard candies that have a wrapper that you can use to anchor the candy to the wire with the tape.
Insert the stem wire with the candies into the floral foam to make a pleasing arrangement. Place the longer lengths of floral wire near the back of the display.
Tips and warnings
- Tailor the candy bouquet to special tastes by making one entirely out of chocolate bars, bubblegum or another candy the recipient particularly enjoys.
- Attach small candy bars by taping the back of each chocolate bar to a piece of floral wire.
- Lollipops are a good addition to a candy bouquet and are particularly easy to use, as you can simply insert the sticks into the floral foam. Try to use fancy lollipops made of chocolate or wrapped in colourful foil that have long sticks.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for