Most women know that lipstick and lip gloss can stain clothing and be difficult to remove. Drop that lip gloss on your hardwood floor, however, and you have another problem. Lipstick and lip gloss will also leave a mark on your nice, smooth hardwood floor. Trying to wipe it off with a dry rag will only smear it and make it worse. Luckily, you can get the smudge off your floor with a little elbow grease and some household materials.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Clean rags
- Acetone or powdered washing powder
Blot the spill. If the brand of lip gloss is very liquid, you should blot the excess gloss with a dry rag, but do not rub it in.
Dab a bit of acetone (nail polish remover) on a new dry cloth and wet the stain. Let the acetone soak into the smudge. You can also use a paste made from a mixture of powdered detergent (not liquid) and water, according to CleanLink.
Wipe off the stain using the same rag. Lightly wet a new rag and wipe up any excess acetone or detergent from the floor.
Dry the floor with a new, clean dry rag, or let it air dry completely.
Tips and warnings
- Do not use any type of liquid soap or detergent to wash a hardwood floor or it could warp, according to Shaw Hardwood.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for