The Acer Aspire X1700 desktop computer will do anything that a computer is capable of. It can run Internet searches, create viral videos for online video sites and create music with the help of audio production software. Every now and then after installing a new piece of software, the computer will act slower, or certain programs will not function properly. This can be fixed by restoring the hard drive, referred to as a partition.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click on "Computer and then "Properties."
Click on "System Protection" and select the "System Restore" tab.
Pick a restore point from the list: Each date choice indicates the most recent changes made on the date, updates or program additions, for example.
Click "Next" and then "Finish." Click "Yes" to confirm.
Tips and warnings
- You will not lose any of your personal files during a restore.
- There may be an hour wait before the computer is usable again.
- You may have to reinstall recently added programs.
- Do not unplug the Acer's power cord or push its power button while it is restoring.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for