Laminate countertops come in a variety of styles and colours and are one of the most affordable countertop surfaces. Simple to maintain, and constructed from durable material, laminate is a cost-effective alternative to granite or marble. Although laminate does not require sealing, the process helps to shine the surface that may become dull over time. Certain gloss gel products help seal and shine your laminate countertops.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 tsp mild dish soap
- Clean cloths
- Gel gloss
Mix 1 tsp mild dish detergent into a sink of warm water. Clean the laminate surfaces with a dishrag soaked in the soapy water. Rinse the dishrag with water and wipe the countertops to remove all solution. Dry the laminate surface with a clean cloth.
Apply 1 tbsp of gel gloss to a sponge, and wipe the gloss over a section of the laminate countertop, using circular motions. Add more gel gloss as needed to the sponge, working the sealant over the entire laminate surface.
Wipe the gel gloss from the laminate countertop with a clean cloth. Turn the cloth as you wipe the countertop to expose a clean cloth area. When finished, go back over the countertop once more to ensure you have removed all the sealant.
Tips and warnings
- Seal laminate countertops when they become dull or cloudy.
- Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools on laminate countertops as they may scratch and damage the surface.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for