You'll feel like a powerful and enchanted mythic being in this unicorn costume.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Gold Spray-on Glitter
- Large White Long-sleeved Shirts
- Long Curly White Wigs
- White Sweatpants Or Leggings
- 1 Safety Pins
- White Poster Boards
- 12 Yards White Braids
- 1/2 yard gold braided trim
Cut a half-circle out of a piece of white poster board. Curl it up until it forms the shape of a horn and glue it so it doesn't unroll.
Glue a piece of gold braid into the top of the horn and then wind it in a spiral down and around the horn. Glue the other end of the braid up under the bottom of the horn.
Poke 2 small holes on either side of the horn's base and thread through an elastic cord. Tie a knot to hold it inside and then run it through to the other side and tie another knot, leaving enough slack to fit it on your head.
To make your tail, cut the white cord into 24 1-½ ft. sections. Lay them all down together evenly so you can pick them all up by one end. Wrap one of the pieces of cord tightly around the ends of the other pieces several times and then glue it into place. Unravel the braids of the cord to give your tail a fluffy look.
Put on an all-white outfit consisting of a long-sleeved white T-shirt, white sweatpants or leggings and white shoes.
Put on your horn so it sits in the middle of your forehead, then put on your white wig so that it covers the elastic band.
Pin the tail to the back of your pants (from the inside) using a large safety pin.
Spray your wig, face, horn and tail with gold glitter.
Tips and warnings
- If you have long hair and don't want to buy a wig you can just spray on white temporary hair color.
- If you have a really good figure and/or a lot of confidence, you can replace the shirt and pants with a leotard and tights.
- Make sure to buy the super glue that specifies on the package that it doesn't stick to skin.