Computer companies use metal, aluminium and various plastics to manufacture laptop casing. Improper cleaning, bags or contact with hard objects can cause surface scratching, especially on the plastic materials. Depending on the severity, it's possible to improve or repair the damage with products specific to polishing and scratch-removal. Auto parts stores carry the appropriate polishing compounds.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Polishing compound with mild abrasive
- Car or furniture wax
- Cotton or microfiber cloth
Clean the surface of the laptop case with a damp cotton cloth and detergent, rinsing with a damp cotton cloth.
Dry the area with a cotton cloth.
Apply the polishing compound according to the product instructions.
Buff the area with the wax.
Tips and warnings
- Polish the whole case for a uniform finish.
- Wax the case to protect from further scratching.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for