Sclupey Amazing Eraser Clay comes in eight tropical colours and can be used with many techniques. You can sculpt, stamp, cane and texture the clay to make erasers for school or work. You must be careful when baking Sculpey eraser clay so that it does not over-bake and lose its softness. The fact that it is degradable is what makes the eraser work properly. Baking your Sculpey Amazing Eraser Clay is easy if you follow a few simple steps.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Sculpey oven thermometer
- Baking tray
Preheat your oven to 121 degrees Celsius. Check the temperature of the oven with a Sculpey oven thermometer, as a home oven's temperature can sometimes be a little off.
Lay your Sculpey Eraser sculptures on a baking tray. Position them so they do not touch one another; if they touch each other, they might stick together.
Insert the baking tray with your erasers inside the preheated oven. Allow the erasers to bake for 10 minutes. Do not over-bake the erasers because it will affect their ability to erase properly.
Remove the baking tray with the baked erasers from the oven. Allow the erasers to cool completely before using them.
Tips and warnings
- Try spritzing water into a playful mould then pressing Sculpey Amazing Eraser Clay inside the mould. Pop it out immediately and bake for a fun shaped eraser.
- Do not use a microwave to bake Sculpey Amazing Eraser Clay. Doing so may release harmful chemicals into the air.
- Do not bake at a higher temperature than recommended on the Sculpey Amazing Eraser Clay package.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for