Zippo windproof cigarette lighters are the only lighters that come with a lifetime guarantee. This fact alone makes the lighters worth the price. The ease of use, for both flint changing and refuelling, makes the Zippo an easy-to-use lighter that, unlike disposables, will last for years. Zippo lighters are available in a wide range of finishes and designs and are available in most tobacco stores.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Zippo or equivalent lighter fluid
- Zippo or equivalent flints
Allow the Zippo lighter to cool for 5 to 10 minutes before flipping the lid open.
Grasp the windscreen surround the wick with two fingers and pull the inner portion of the lighter away from the base cover.
Turn the inner portion of the Zippo lighter over to expose the felt pad inside the lighter.
Pull back the felt pad to reveal the stuffing inside. Open the nozzle on the lighter fluid and insert the tip into the stuffing. Squeeze the sides of the lighter fluid container gently until lighter fluid enters the lighter. When moisture appears on the surface of the padding, the lighter is refuelled. Press the felt pad back into place.
Use the edge of a dime to unscrew the small screw next to the padding in the lighter. Remove the screw and attached spring. Insert a new flint into the chamber and replace the screw. Your Zippo lighter is now fully refuelled and ready to use.
Tips and warnings
- To refuel a Zippo butane lighter, align the top of the butane fuel can with the small intake valve on the bottom of the lighter. Press firmly on the can two or three times to push fuel into the lighter.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for