DeviantART is a site that allows users to browse the works of artists and share their own works of art. Whether for business purposes or simply to admire others' work and receive feedback on your own, the site functions as a thriving community for artists. The search function on deviantART's site is straight forward and you can use it whether or not you have an active account. This search function allows you to search for specific individuals about whom you may have heard and would like to see more of their work.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open a web browser so you can view the site. Choose from Internet Explorer 7 or 8 and the latest official releases of Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera or Safari.
Navigate to www.deviantart.com.>
Locate the search box near the top of the screen. Type information in the search box about and artist you know. Enter the artist's name.
Type any keywords for the artist, such as the title of one of their works of art or the name of a publication in which their work has appeared if a name is not known. Your results may vary, but deviantART is typically useful if you know some information on the artist.
Tips and warnings
- Browse the "Category" feature on the side of the page if you're not looking for a particular person, but have an idea of the type of artist you'd like to find. You can also use search terms to help you find art or artists you'll enjoy, such as "Comic book artist" or "Bunny drawings."
- Enter a person's first and last name if possible. The search function will take you directly to that artist's published work. Type the artist's deviantART profile name and you will also go immediately to his or her work.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for