Secure Digital, referred to as SD, memory cards are used in digital cameras and some TVs to save and view photos, audio and video. If your card needs to be initialised, then it needs to be reformatted. This will clean any problems you previously had with your card.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Turn the SD card so the metal connectors are facing the ground and connect it to the computer's SD card port.
Open the "Start" menu. Press "Control Panel." Go to "System and Security" and click on "Administrative Tools." Double-click "Computer Management."
Open "Disk Management" under "Storage" under the "Computer Management" tab in the left pane.
Find the SD drive, right-click it and press "Format."
Press "OK" twice to begin the process.
Tips and warnings
- Move all of your data from the card before formatting it.
- Magnets will erase the card's data.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for