Microsoft Visual FoxPro is a programming language. If you are trying to open a Visual FoxPro document but do not have Visual FoxPro installed on the computer, you will receive an error message that says "Cannot locate the Microsoft Visual FoxPro support library." You need to have the InstallShield Express Visual FoxPro Limited Edition installed on your computer to open these files. If you have this program already, but cannot open files, you need to change settings in the program.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- InstallShield Express Visual FoxPro Limited Edition
Open the InstallShield Express Visual FoxPro Limited Edition program on your computer.
Select the "Installation Designer" tab and hit the "F4" key to see the "View List" feature.
Click "Specify Application Data," then click "Redistributables."
Check the box next to "Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9 Runtime Libraries." Save your changes and close the program. You are now able to open Visual FoxPro files.
Tips and warnings
- These steps apply only to Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9.0 Professional Edition files.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for