Blue Fang Games' "Zoo Tycoon 2" lets players experience the challenges of running a commercial animal park, involving caring for animals, bringing in customers and building new attractions. The game was developed before widescreen monitors were commonplace, so all of the default monitor settings are for older 4:3 monitors. However if you download the latest patch for the game, it can be played on widescreen resolutions such as 1680 x 1050.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Download the latest patch for "Zoo Tycoon 2" from the site in Resources.
Double-click the downloaded file to install the patch, then click "OK."
Restart your computer and run "Zoo Tycoon 2." From the main menu, choose "Game Options." Open the "Display" tab and set the resolution to "1680 x 1050." Click "OK."
Tips and warnings
- The 1680 x 1050 option won't be available unless you have a monitor connected that is capable of displaying widescreen resolutions.
- Some machines will display "Zoo Tycoon 2" in widescreen, but will not save the resolution as default. To fix this, open the folder "C:\Documents and Settings\[Your Name]\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon 2\Default Profile" and right-click the file "options.xml." Choose "Open with" and click "Notepad." Change the "Width" and "Height" options in the first line to "1680" and "1050," then save and close the file.
- Only edit "options.xml" if you've successfully run "Zoo Tycoon 2" in 1680 x 1050 mode.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for