Almond oil, available in most health food and vitamin stores, enjoys a strong reputation as a skin moisturiser, says Ray Sahelian, M.D. A little almond oil goes a long way, making it an especially good skin care choice for the budget conscious. According to the University of Ohio Extension Center, almond oil is high in vitamin E, an antioxidant involved in cell metabolism. It can help fight dry patches, dark circles, rashes and chapped lips. Best of all, almond oil is recommended for all skin types and is easy enough to use as part of a regular skin care routine.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Almond oil
- Wash cloth
Pour almond oil into the palm of your hand. Two or three drops is enough to cover the entire face and neck. Rub your hands together to warm the oil, then apply it to your face and neck, using small, circular motions. Take time to massage the almond oil into your skin. Not only will it soften the surface, but the massage will increase circulation.
Turn the hot water on in your sink until it is steaming. Place your face near enough the sink for the steam to reach your skin, but not so close that you risk burning yourself. Give your skin a minute or two of steam before turning the water off.
Place a wet, warm washrag over your face and relax for a few minutes, allowing the almond oil to further condition your skin. Don't rub your skin or in any way irritate it while the almond oil soaks in.
Splash your face and neck with cool, clear water and pat dry. You can apply your make-up as usual if you so wish.
Tips and warnings
- Test yourself for sensitivity to almond oil at least 24 hours prior to using it on your face. You can do this by dabbing a bit on the inside of your elbow or wrist and watching for a reaction of any kind.
- It is fine to use almond oil on those fine lines around your eyes, but be careful to keep it out of the eyes.
- Use very little pressure on the skin near the eyes, as the eye area is quite sensitive.
- Do not use almond oil on your face if you have an allergy to nuts.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for