Rebooting the Amazon Kindle is a simple task with minimal steps needed to achieve results. Now that Amazon has released the Kindle 2, rebooting your device may look different depending on which model you own. The following steps will enable you to reboot or reset your Kindle with ease.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Amazon Kindle
- Paper clip or similar small object
Press Alt-Shift-R. This is the shortcut key for a reboot. If this step does not work, proceed to Step 2.
Find the hard Reset button located on the back cover of the Kindle. Using a paper clip, press the Reset button located on the left side of the back cover.
Wait a few minutes after pressing this button for the Kindle to restart.
Disconnect your Kindle from its power source.
Slide and hold the power switch for 15 seconds, then release.
Wait up to 30 seconds for the device to fully reboot.
Tips and warnings
- If the Kindle 2 does not reboot after following the steps listed above, you can also try Menu > Settings > Menu > Restart.
- If the device will not properly reboot, call Amazon Customer Service at 1-866-321-8851.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for