If spending the day at an expensive spa is not an option for you, why not try some spa treatments in the comfort of your own home? With the availability of high-end beauty products in stores and online, it has never been easier to add a little pampering to your life. One of the most sought-after beauty treatments is known as the “gold facial.” Based on Ayurveda, which is the ancient Hindu philosophy of healing and longevity, the gold facial utilises 24-karat gold dust and foil to erase the signs of ageing.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Gold facial kit
- Wet washcloth
- Dry towel
Cleanse the skin thoroughly to open pores and remove dead skin. The kit should come with a cleanser made of marigold extract. Use your fingers to rub it into the skin for a few minutes. Rinse with warm water, and pat dry.
Massage the face with the cream provided in the kit. It will contain gold foil, saffron, and sandalwood powder. Leave it on your skin for approximately 10 minutes, then gently remove it with a wet washcloth.
Apply the gold facial mask next, which is composed of gold foil, aloe vera gel, and turmeric powder. A special instrument will be included for application to help the gold penetrate the skin. Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Pat dry.
Cool the skin with a cold compress for 15 minutes. Apply lavender cream, included in most kits, to soothe.
Tips and warnings
- The gold facial increases blood circulation, which will make your face appear red after the facial is complete. Cool the skin with a washcloth soaked in puréed cucumber for extra soothing.
- If you have open sores, rosacea, or other skin ailments, contact a dermatologist before attempting this facial.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for