Pokemon Ranger has multiple reset methods, each with a different meaning. One method erases your data and begins a new game file. The other method, called a "Soft Reset," simply reboots the game cartridge while in-game and returns to the start menu without automatically saving your progress. Resetting old game data can be a useful method to capture alternative Pokemon or to simply replay the game from the beginning. Pokemon Ranger is trade-compatible with Diamond, Pearl and Platinum versions.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on the game and head to the game load menu.
Select "New Game."
Save at any point in your new file to overwrite old game data.
New Game Resetting
Save the game first if you would like to keep your current progress.
Hold the "Start," "Select," "L" and "R" buttons while in the game.
Release the buttons after the screen goes blank and reboots.
Tips and warnings
- Both reset options will not reset "Ranger Net" if you have unlocked it. However, it will erase your progress in those missions.
- For each cartridge of Pokemon Ranger, only one Manaphy egg can be obtained no matter how many times you reset the game.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for