Weft hair extensions can be purchased from most beauty supply stores in either synthetic fibre or 100 per cent human hair. Wefts are strands of hair that are woven into long, cloth bands. The bands, not the actual extension hair, are what you attach to your natural locks. Wefts are applied to your hair with a special type of latex glue made specially for hair extensions. Give your hair the length and body you want by applying weft hair extensions.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Rat-tail comb
- Weft hair extensions
- Latex extension glue
Create a horizontal part across the back of your head about 2 to 3 inches from the nape of your neck. Clip the rest of your hair away.
Measure the part and cut a weft slightly smaller than the measurement.
Apply a thin line of glue along the rough side of the band at the top of the weft.
Press the glue-side of the weft along the part, about 1/4 inch from the roots. Lightly press your fingers all along the weft.
Hold the extension in place for about 30 seconds to allow the glue to dry. Unclip your hair and create another horizontal part across the back of your head about 1/2 inch above the first part.
Repeat the applications until you reach just below the crown of your head. Extensions applied any higher will be visible.
Make a horizontal part about 1/2 inch above your left ear. Cut a weft slightly smaller than the part and repeat the applications until you reach just below your temple. Repeat this process for the other side of your hair.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a side part, the extensions on the side with the bulk of the hair can be applied as high as 2 to 3 inches from your part.
- Make sure to apply the extensions in the direction of your natural hair growth.
- Some weft extensions come pre-glued with a tacky glue or with a special tape already attached to the band. This is an alternative to using glue
- Hair extension glue comes in dark-coloured, white or clear to match your hair colour.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for