There are as many ways to make homemade shampoos as there are different hairstyles. When you make your shampoo with fruits and vegetables, the pulp from these ingredients needs to be thoroughly rinsed to ensure everything is removed from your scalp and tresses. If any residue is left after the shower, it can be removed with a close-toothed comb both before or after the hair is dry.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- For daily shampoo:
- One lemon
- One cucumber
- For deep-cleaning shampoo:
- One bag of green tea
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon
- ½ orange
Peel the cucumber, leaving as much of the fruit as you can.
Juice the lemon. Do not use a strainer for this part of the process, as the blended pulp can help cleanse the hair.
Combine the ingredients in a blender until the entire cucumber is blended. Strain out any chunks, and pour into an empty shampoo bottle. Use the entire contents within a few days, or it will go bad. Keep the bottle closed, or you might attract fruit flies or other insects.
Test by using the shampoo in your hair and rinsing thoroughly. Do not use conditioner because the cucumber works as a conditioning agent.
Adjust the mixture to your hair type. If your hair seems too dry after use, add more cucumber. If it is too oily, add more lemon juice.
Squeeze the juice from one-half of a lemon and one-half of an orange. Do not use a strainer.
Empty the contents of a green tea bag into a blender. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the juice blend. Mix until the tea is well blended into the rest of the mixture. Do not strain. Use immediately, and dispose of any extra shampoo.
Use this deep-cleansing shampoo no more than once a week and no less than once a month to revitalise hair and keep it sparkling clean. Do not use this shampoo when your hair is feeling dry because it can strip natural oil from your scalp and hair.
Tips and warnings
- By using these two shampoos together, your hair will be well-balanced and healthy, but you might need to adjust your formula throughout the year as the weather changes and affects your hair. You can also improve any dryness or brittleness by using a simple hair mask of olive oil for a half-hour before shampooing it out with the deep-cleansing shampoo.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for