One of the hardest parts of gardening, especially growing in wide areas of garden land, is the ploughing and tilling. This takes the maximum amount of energy and time. Both these can be cut short by using an ATV with a ploughing implement. There are numerous types of ploughing implements available in the market, including the disk harrow, the rear tow plough and the groundhog. Choose the design that will help you finish the work in the least amount of time without being a burden to store.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ploughing implement
Clean the garden roughly. Remove any plastic or glass items that may be strewn over it. Also remove tree branches and rocks.
Check the ATV for proper functioning. Check the oil, tire pressure, fuel and brakes.
Fix the ploughing implement (which is generally detachable for easy cleaning and
storage) accordingly to the instructions given in the manual. The smaller models like the groundhog can be fixed with a single nut and bolt while the bigger ones may need better fixing.
Plough the garden along the longest furrow. This way you can cut down on turns needed to cover the whole garden. Plough as deep as possible. If need be, you can ask someone to stand over the plough to exert as much pressure as possible. Check to see if the entire garden has been ploughed.
Dismantle the ploughing equipment from the ATV. Wash well with water to remove all traces of soil. Wipe it clean and store it away.
Tips and warnings
- Start ploughing well after winter season. The garden soil should be as dry as possible. Moist soil will cling to the equipment and make ploughing difficult. You can also use
- a harrow attached behind the ploughing equipment to break down bigger clots of soil.
- Ploughing can be done only on longer lengths of garden. Groundhogs will better suit small gardens. A void going uphill or over big rocks and boulders as the ATV may overturn or the ploughing equipment may get stuck and damaged. Ploughing equipment is sharp and should be handled with care by adults.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for