The Toshiba Satellite series of laptops come with wireless Internet capabilities. You should be able to receive a wireless Internet connection from a local Wi-Fi hotpot when your Toshiba Satellite laptop's connection is switched on, which is easy to do.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Turn on your laptop. Allow your computer to go through the normal boot up and Windows login process.
Look at the front of your laptop. You should see a small switch between two labels.
Move the switch to the "On" position. This will turn on your wireless Internet connection.
Check the Windows taskbar to see if the Internet access icon turned from a computer with a red "x" to a stack of white bars. If it did, you enabled your wireless access and you should be able to access the Internet from your laptop.
Tips and warnings
- You may need to configure the access for your Wi-Fi connection by entering the password and encryption type. In Windows 7 and Vista, you can configure your Internet connections under "Control Panel" by clicking "Network and Sharing Center".
- To turn off Wi-Fi, move the switch the "Off" position or simultaneously hit the "Fn" and "F8" keys on your keyboard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for