Many Web hosts enable clients to access e-mail online using Horde's Web mail interface. Clients often prefer Horde over other Web mail services because it offers advanced e-mail features and integrated calendar functionality. To access Horde e-mail, you must first set up a domain e-mail address using your Web host control panel, such as CPanel or Plesk. Once you create the email account, you can access Horde e-mail from outside your control panel and directly from the address bar.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log in to your Web hosting control panel by following your host's instructions.
Select the "Create Account" option within the main screen of the control panel to create a new e-mail account. Enter a user name and password and press the "Create" or similar button. If your Web hosting package allows, you can create several e-mail addresses using this method.
Press "Mail Accounts" from the main screen of the control panel to see a list of your e-mail addresses. Select the "Webmail" option next to the email address of your choice to log in to the email account. If an additional screen opens offering you several choices of Web mail services, click on the "Horde" option to access Horde e-mail.
Enter your domain name and then "/webmail" into your browser's address bar. For example, if you own the domain, "http://www.mydomainname.com," enter "http://mydomainname.com/webmail" into the address bar. This should open a login screen.
If this does not work, enter "webmail." before the domain name, such as "webmail.mydomainname.com" into the address bar, because some Web hosts use this configuration instead.
Enter your full e-mail address, including your domain name, into the user name input box. Enter your e-mail password into the password input box. Press the "Log In" button to open the Web mail options screen.
Click the "Horde" image to select Horde as your Web mail service from the page that opens.
Choose your language preference from the drop-down bar and press the "Log In" button. This will open the Horde Web mail interface.
Tips and warnings
- Each control panel differs slightly in e-mail account creation.
- Some Web hosts may only require you to enter your partial e-mail address into the Horde login screen (Section 2, Step 2). For example, instead of entering "firstname.lastname@example.org," you may only need to enter "service."
- Web hosts that define Horde as your default Web mail service may log you into Horde e-mail automatically after completing Section 2, Step 2, without requiring you to complete subsequent steps.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for