The PhotoPass system at Disney theme parks enables visitors to have professional photographs of their Disney vacations. Strategically stationed throughout Disney theme parks and associated properties, professional photographers shoot pictures, then give you a PhotoPass card with an ID number. Use the card every time a PhotoPass photographer takes your photo, then view the photos from a computer after returning from the vacation. From the PhotoPass website, you can order prints, share your photos and order downloads of individual pictures.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Valid e-mail account
- PhotoPass account
- PhotoPass card with ID number
- Credit card
- Unzipping software
Create a free PhotoPass account. Visit disneyphotopass.com and click on "Don't have an account? Get started." Under "1st time registration," put a check beside the appropriate age groups and click "Create new account." On the next page, you'll be prompted to enter your contact and other information to set up the account.
Enter your PhotoPass ID number. You can do this during the registration process or from the PhotoPass home page anytime during the 30-day window before your photos expire. If you have more than one PhotoPass ID card and number, enter them all under the same account.
View your photos. Thumbnails of all photos linked to the PhotoPass account will be available for you to view. Click on the photo thumbnail to view a larger version of it, and use the "enhance" tab to resize, crop or embellish photos with the various tools on the PhotoPass website.
Order the photo download. On the page containing the final version of the photo you want to download, select "Disney's photo download" from the drop-down box. A pop-up window will explain your various options. Follow the prompts to send the download to your shopping trolley.
Place the order. Click "Go to cart" to verify your order and check out. Follow the prompts to enter credit card and billing information and order the download.
Complete the download. Check your e-mail account for a confirmation with a link to the photo download. Click "download," then follow the prompts and save the photo to your computer. The download will include a zipped file and a copyright release. If your operating system doesn't automatically unzip the file upon double-clicking it, download unzipping software.
Tips and warnings
- Disney frequently offers discounts and other specials for PhotoPass, and there are often significant savings on prepaid orders. Purchasing a PhotoPass CD is usually the best value. All photos will be included on one CD, and the copyright release allows you to order prints from another, less expensive, photo developer.
- PhotoPass pictures are only available for 30 days after they're taken. To access and purchase photographs, log in to the PhotoPass website within 30 days of your Disney vacation.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for