Hewlett Packard creates a line of pocket and handheld PCs named the Jornada. The Jornada 728 has a QWERTY keyboard and soft touch button layout which provides one-touch access to the applications on this computer. The battery lasts up to 14 hours on this convenient PC. It also includes 32 MB of RAM and a 640 x 240 display. Those who have a Jornada may want to upgrade their older Windows operating systems to XP. All you need is to synchronise your desktop computer to your Jornada.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Serial connection port or USB connection
- Microsoft ActiveSync CD
Turn off both your Jornada and your desktop PC. Connect one end of the serial cable or USB cable into your desktop computer and into your Jornada. Locate the dock for your serial cable on the back of your desktop computer's tower.
Turn on both your Jornada and desktop PC. Place the Microsoft ActiveSync CD into the CD-ROM drive of your desktop PC.
Click "Start" and "Run" on your desktop PC. Type "D:\setup." Click on the Microsoft ActiveSync icon. Wait for the set-up screen to appear.
Follow the instructions for installing the ActiveSync software. Set up partnership between your desktop PC and your Jornada.
Choose the software you want to install onto your Jornada. Locate Windows XP in the list and click "Synchronize." Wait for the software to install onto your handheld computer.
Disable the cable once the synchronisation completes. Restart your Jornada computer for the synchronisation to take effect. Verify that Windows XP installed onto the computer by paying attention to the version indicated on the welcome screen.
Tips and warnings
- If problems persist with set-up or synchronisation, verify that the cable firmly connects to both computers. Also, try unplugging and plugging the cable back in to both computers or shutting off the devices and turning them back on.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for