Lenovo recommends creating a recovery disk as soon as you acquire your computer system. Doing so ensures that you can restore your system in the event of software failure, and as a last resort when other recovery attempts have failed. The recovery disk is also useful if you sell or recycle your computer.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Recordable CD or DVD drive
- Blank CD or DVD media disk
Click "Start" > "All Programs" > "Lenovo ThinkVantage Tools" from your Windows 7 desktop. Click the "Factory Recovery Disks" option.
Check the dialogue box that reads, "The recovery media you are going to create can only be used on this system. Do you want to proceed?" Click "OK" to continue.
Select the "Boot Media" and "Data Media" check boxes. Click "OK" to continue.
Select the CD or DVD recordable device you are using to create the recovery CD. Insert a blank disk into the recording optical drive. Click "OK" to continue. Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the disc-creation process.
Tips and warnings
- Store your recovery disk in a safe place. Your Windows 7 license allows you to create only one recovery disk.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for