Miele dishwashers come with many features, such as extra trays on the top shelf, cleaning arms for cleaning efficiency and auto sensors that control the power of the water stream and temperature. As with most appliances that have multiple, moving parts, breakdowns can occur. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try, however, before calling a service repairman.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pointed nose pliers
Check your electrical box for any blown fuses or tripped breakers. Reset and replace as necessary. Always replace a fuse with another of the same amperage. Check if the door is securely closed and the power cord is plugged into the wall socket if the machine does not start.
Open the stopcock and check the water inlet filter if the unit stops running after the program has begun and the "Operation Control" light flashes. Clean the filter if it is dirty. Ensure you switch off the dishwasher before checking and cleaning the filter. Unscrew the inlet hose and remove the rubber seal. Remove the filter using a pair of pointed nose pliers. Rinse the filter under running water. Replace the filter and seal securely. Reconnect the inlet hose to the stopcock. Turn the stopcock on gradually to check for leaks.
Interrupt the program if you hear a knocking or rattling sound inside the wash cylinder. Check if the spray arm is knocking against items in the basket. Rearrange items as necessary.
Check to see that dishes placed at the back of the upper basket are not covering the opening if the dishes are not fully clean after a wash cycle. Make sure the spray arms are rotating freely. Clean the drain pump and the non-return valve.
Ensure the dispenser is dry before pouring detergent if there is still detergent residue in the holder after the wash cycle. Check the water hoses for any bends or kinks if there is still water remaining in the wash cylinder at the end of the cycle.
Tips and warnings
- Ensure not to cross-thread the inlet hose and stopcock when reconnecting.
- Do not use solvents in the dishwasher because they can cause an explosion.
- Only use washing machine-approved detergent. Never use washing-up liquid.
- Do not operate the washing machine on an extension cord. There is a danger of overheating.
- Do not touch the heating element during or right after the end of a wash cycle. It could burn the skin.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for