Skagen Designs offers stylish and reasonably priced watches, jewellery, sunglasses and clocks. Skagen watches are distinguishable for their simplistic beauty and long lasting components. Both men's and women's watches come with either a rectangle or round casing with rubber, mesh, link or leather watch bands. These bands are adjustable to accommodate nearly any size wrist, large or small. However, most of Skagen Designs' watch collections feature mesh or link watch bands that you can easily adjust at home with a minimal amount of tools.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Small pointed tool
- Link pin-removing tool (optional)
- Nylon head hammer
Open the security clasp. This is the outermost clasp on the buckle.
Lift the slotted clasp on the watchband to the open position.
Slide the clasp toward you or away from you, depending on whether you need the watch band looser or tighter.
Stop sliding the band once you reach an indentation in the band that corresponds to the size you desire.
Return the slotted clasp to the closed position.
Close the watch buckle by securing the flat clasp and then the outer clasp.
Turn the watch over.
Push the pin out of a link using a small, pointed tool such as a link pin removing tool. The tool should be small enough to fit the hole where the pin is located.
Push another pin out using the same tool. You must remove two pins in order to remove a link. Removing pins from two links next to each other will allow you to separate the watch band.
Tap loose pins back into the remaining links with a nylon head hammer until all links once again have a pin and the watch is no longer separated.
Tips and warnings
- There are arrows on the underside of the watch band that indicate which way to push the link pins out.
- If you are uncomfortable doing any of these steps, have a professional watch servicer adjust your watch.
- You must remove the same amount of links from each side of the watch band or you will mess up the symmetry of the band.
- Avoid using tools that will scratch or damage the watch band.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for