Honey is a commonly used ingredient in facial masks, with antimicrobial properties and antioxidants. Honey is an effective topical treatment because of its stickiness. When used topically, honey pulls away dust, dead skin and microbes from the pores, according to Organic Facts. Honey may be used exclusively as an anti-ageing agent for wrinkles, or mixed with natural butters and/or oils to create a deep skin moisturiser in the form of a facial mask. Natural Home Remedies For Life suggests experimenting with moisturising ingredients such as honey, avocado, aloe vera, almond oil, coconut oil and shea butter, combining several at a time.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Filtered honey
- Coconut oil
- Any two or three natural butters, oils (optional)
Wash face and pat dry. Spread a thin layer of filtered honey directly to the face with your fingertip, paying close attention to the areas of the face that are more prone to wrinkles (corners of eyes, mouth, forehead). Leave the honey on your face for approximately 30 minutes, then rinse with warm water.
Add 1 tbsp of honey to approximately 1 tbsp of virgin, unrefined coconut oil and mix until creamy smooth. Wash your face, pat dry, and apply mixture to the face. Leave mask on your face for approximately 30 minutes. Rinse face and pat dry.
Add 1 tbsp of filtered honey to one mashed avocado. Mix until semi-creamy. The mixture may be slightly lumpy due to the consistency of the avocado. Wash your face, pat dry, and apply the mixture to your face. Leave the mask on your face for approximately 30 minutes. Rinse face and pat dry.
Tips and warnings
- Honey may be combined with one or more natural butters or oils. Mixing honey with both coconut oil and avocado increases its health benefits to the skin, as both coconut oil and avocado are antioxidants, natural moisturisers and conditioners used for both the skin and hair.
- There are no known warnings or side effects for homemade facial masks using honey.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for