Converting a WAV audio file into an MP3 compresses the file to a reasonable size. Uncompressed audio files such as WAV files are quite large in their raw forms. WAV files can consist of hundreds of kilobytes and will consume unnecessary amounts of space on your hard drive. Converting a WAV file into an MP3 file can be accomplished through free downloadable software or website converters.
- Skill level:
Download the free RealPlayer SP Converter from the link in the resources section. Install the program. Open your WAV file in the converter and click start to convert the file to an MP3.
Convert your file without downloading any software by visiting Media-Convert.com. Change the input format to "Wave" from "Input Format" pulldown menu. Attach your file using the form and submit the form to convert your file to an MP3. Media-Convert gives you sound volume, coding, and file tag options.
Click on the "Free to try" link under the MP3 Converter Simple section of MP3toWAV.net. to download MP3 Coverter Simple. Install the program. Open MP3 Converter Simple, and then open the file you want to convert. You can customise options such as bitrate and frequency in your new MP3 file.
Tips and warnings
- Before you convert your WAV file, save it to the desktop to find it easily.
- Do not stop the conversion while it is in progress or the MP3 may become corrupt.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for