To burn an ISO image to a USB flash drive, you will need to use a third party software program. A commonly available program called UNetbootin can be downloaded for free for this purpose. This process will require you to determine what type of ISO image file to burn to the USB flash drive.
- Skill level:
Click the "Resource" link from the UNetbootin website and save the file to your desktop (see Resources). Double-click the file to install the program on your system.
Insert your USB drive into a USB port on your computer.
Double-click the icon on your desktop for the UNetbootin program. Select the "Diskimage" option and select "ISO" from the drop down. Click the "..." button and browse to the location of the image file you want to burn.
Select "USB Drive" from the "Type" menu and then select the drive letter for the USB flash drive from the "Drive" menu.
Click the "OK" button to burn the image file to the USB flash drive. Click the "Exit" button to close the UNetbootin software to complete the process.
Take the USB flash drive out and boot into the image from another computer. Alternatively, you can leave the USB flash drive in your machine and reboot the computer.
Tips and warnings
- All data should be deleted from the USB flash drive before burning the ISO image file.
- The UltraSO program can also be used to burn an ISO image to a USB flash drive.
- The Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool is able to transfer a Windows 7 ISO file to a USB flash drive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for